First Offense Misdemeanor DUI
TOUGH NEW DUI LAWS EFFECTIVE 9/19/07-Call for a free consultation; avoid Super Extreme .200 BAC and higher (45 days jail)
DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE AND DRIVING WITH AN
ALCOHOL CONCENTRATION OF .08 OR GREATER WITHIN TWO HOURS
The minimum statutory sentence on a first time charge of Driving Under the Influence or Driving with an Alcohol Concentration of .08 or Greater is the following:
- 10 days in jail; up to 9 days may be suspended upon successful completion of the alcohol screening and treatment program
- Alcohol/drug screening evaluation and treatment/education as ordered by the Court
- $250.00 fine plus surcharges
- Motor vehicle department will assess points against your driver's license and may require Traffic Survival School
- Motor vehicle department will suspend your privilege to drive either through the Admin Per Se/Implied Consent process or because of the D.U.I. conviction
- $500.00 Arizona Prison Construction fine
- $500.00 Department of Public Safety fine
- You may be required to pay jail costs
- Up to 5 years probation.
NOTE: EFFECTIVE 9/19/07, CONVICTION OF THIS OFFENSE REQUIRES THE INTERLOCK DEVICE ON THE DEFENDANT'S VEHICLE FOR A ONE YEAR PERIOD.
Next: DRIVING UNDER THE EXTREME INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL WITH AN ALCOHOL CONCENTRATION OF .15 OR HIGHER WITHIN TWO HOURS